The book club is the perfect opportunity to meet and exchange with other French speakers around a good book!
In this year 2022-2023, our Maillardville Book club offers you a new reading list in order to plunge you into some beautiful adventures and discover new authors. The last Monday of the month, from 6 to 8 PM, come and share a friendly moment between reading enthusiasts and express your feelings about the book of the month.
The meetings take place in person at Coquitlam, in accordance with the sanitary rules. The meetings place will be specified when you register.
LIST FOR 2022-2023
The last Monday of the month, from 6 to 8 PM
- September 26: « Les oubliés du dimanche » by Valérie Perrin; 416 pages
- October 24: « La panthère des neiges » by Sylvain Tesson (récit de voyage); 192 pages
- November 28: « Je suis Rio » by Paula Anacaona; 240 pages
- December: off
- January 30: « Tout est Ori » by Paul Serge Forest; 352 pages
- February 27: « L'énigme du retour » by Dani Laferrière; 301 pages
- March 27: « L'homme idéal existe il est québécois » by Diane Ducret; 192 pages
- April 24: « Ta mort à moi » by David Goudreault
- May 29: « À côté de nous le déluge » by Stephan Lessenich; 232 pages
- June 26: Choice of the 8 books for the following year and gathering
Please note :
• Space limited, and RSVP is required to attend
• A moderate will be leading these sessions
• A good level of French is required to access this activity
For more information and registration, please contact :
Michèle Desponts: email@example.com 604-655-1505
See our interview with Marie-Laure Chevrier for the launch of her last book: La Ville des autres