The book club is the perfect opportunity to meet and exchange with other French speakers around a good book!
In this year 2023-2024, our Maillardville Book club offers you a new reading list in order to plunge you into some beautiful adventures and discover new authors. The last Monday of the month, from 6 to 8 PM, come and share a friendly moment between reading enthusiasts and express your feelings about the book of the month.
The meetings take place in person at Coquitlam, in accordance with the sanitary rules. The meetings place will be specified when you register.
LIST FOR 2023-2024
The last Monday of the month, from 6 to 8 PM
- September 25: “Au bonheur des dames” by Émile Zola
- October 30: “L’empire des signes” by Roland Barthes
- November 27: “Le petit Prince” by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry & “L’alchimiste” by Paulo Coelho
- December: off
- January 29: “Le rocher de Tanios” by Amin Maalouf
- February 26: “Tsubaki” (1er d’une série de 5 livres appelée “Le poids des secrets”) by Aki Shimazaki
- March 25: “Oscar et la dame rose” by Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt
- April 29:“L’archipel du chien” by Philippe Claudel
- May 27: “Là où je me terre” by Caroline Dawson
- June 24: Choice of the books for the following year and gathering
Please note :
• Space limited, and RSVP is required to attend
• A moderate will be leading these sessions
• A good level of French is required to access this activity
For more information and registration, please contact :
Michèle Desponts: firstname.lastname@example.org 604-655-1505
See our interview with Marie-Laure Chevrier for the launch of her last book: La Ville des autres