You are Francophone. You are Francophile. You like the French-Canadian culture. You support the arts. You want to access services in French in the Tri-Cities. You understand the importance of bilingualism and the value of the two official languages on our country.
Or if you simply share the SFM vision and want to help us provide affordable initiatives, pursue our promotion of the French-Canadian culture and maintain our multi-use facility for the community of Maillardville, fill up the form to enroll your entire family as a new member.
BECOME A MEMBER
If you share the SFM vision and want to help us provide affordable initiatives, pursue our promotion of the French-Canadian culture and maintain our multi-use facility for the community of Maillardville, become a member by filling up this form.
- Subscription to the Maillardville newsletter.
- Previews and special discounts on various events organised by Société francophone de Maillardville and its partner organizations.
- Voting privilege during meetings and the annual general meeting (one year after joining and excepted the election of the Board of Directors).
- Free access to our French movie and book collection.
Membership Fee: $10 per year
Please fill our form and we will send you the invoice and confirmation in the following days
- Lobbying services for gouvernment associated groups
- Representation services for various groups
- Promotion services for your organization on various platforms and events
- Documentation center
- Support Services, if requested
- Technical and community services
Membership Fee: $75 per year
To access our forms, please contact our office manager Ms. Rokia Kone at firstname.lastname@example.org
I lived in Maillardville all my life and the SFM has proven to be a great resource to my family and I! For my dad, who came from Willow Bunch in Saskatchewan, it was important that his kids learn French and get exposed to the French-Canadian culture. The SFM provides this opportunity by facilitating access to French-Canadian cultural traditions and by keeping the francophone spirit alive. The SFM is consistently demonstrated a high level of professionalism, passion and we (residents of Maillardville) feel privileged to be able to have a place down the road where only French is spoken.”
– Léo Bruneau, Native et résident de Maillardville
"The Maillardville Francophone Center is truly a treasure in our community, a fond reminder of the strong bilingualism and a rich national history which began at the meeting of English, French and Aboriginal communities. Today, linguistic groups breathe with diversity and no longer pertain to strict definitions. A big thank you to the Société francophone de Maillardville for offering cultural events, preserving our cultural heritage and for creating a unique platform where Francophones and Francophiles in Coquitlam can meet and share their experiences.”
– Melody Tabatabaian, étudiante au centre francophone de Maillardville
"The heart of the francophone culture in BC is in Maillardville and it comes alive at the events hosted by the SFM. We see the French ‘love for life’ or ‘joie de vivre’ on the excited faces of our children at wonderful events like festival du bois. Thank you SFM for offering such fantastic events in our community which encourage our children to embrace and celebrate their French heritage!"
– The Pepin Family, regular visitors at Festival du Bois
Organizations who wish to join the Société francophone de Maillardville must be non-profit organizations who use French on a regular basis and who are either located in our region or representing the interest of a local group.
Société Francophone de Maillardville’s Association Members
Les Échos du Pacifique
Scouts francophones de Maillardville
Société du Foyer Maillard